-->

Monday, August 11, 2014

Writing Challenge

Day 16: Go to iTunes, put your music on random. Write a story about the first song that comes up. (250 words or less)


Song: The Fray - Over My Head 

---

She was a flower and I was the stem, she made someone who was as dull and lifeless as me, beautiful. Heck, she still is a flower. She's just not my flower, despite how much I want her to be.

"Go, go, go! Come on! What the heck is going on with the defense on this team?" I hear my brother scream, interrupting my thoughts, but I ignore him. 

She was always beside me, almost a part of me, like a tattoo. The thing with tattoos though is that they're permanent. I wish she were permanent. If she was, then she'd still be here. She'd still be by my side. 

"Dude, are you even watching the game?" my brother snaps and I force myself to nod my head.

"Yeah, I'm watching."

"No, you're not. The Connor I know would be screaming hysterically at the screen right now. It's not everyday the Skins make it to the Super Bowl, y'know," he notes and I shake my head in frusteration.

"I know, it's just...I just keep thinking about her," I murmur and my brother puts his arm around me. 

"You're in over your head, bro. You'll get many opportunities to meet different 'hers.' However, you'll never get the opportunity to relive this moment," he says as he throws a handful of popcorn into his mouth.

"It's just-"

"It's nothing. She's yesterday, we're today. Look there are  8 seconds left in overtime, she doesn't have to be on your mind."

"It's just hard."

"I know"

"..."

"But try to look forward, alright?" 

"...okay."

---
Authors note: Oh my gosh waahhhhht just happened. 



1 comment:

  1. Ah :D really nice, Maddie! I like how you added your love for American Football into the mix. Oh, and I love the tattoo line, "She was always beside me, almost a part of me, like a tattoo. The thing with tattoos though is that they're permanent."

    lol at the brother btw

    ReplyDelete