Warning --
This post is going to be sappy.
--
What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
My whole life would be different. This is something I dream of happening -- living with the knowledge that no one, I mean NO ONE, is going to judge me (and I hope to do the same thing and judge no one as well).
I can walk through the school hallways without feeling the need to keep my head down or locked onto an empty school wall with decaying paint. I walk confidently and know no one is silently muttering "she's so ugly and creepy" underneath their breath.
I can talk to my friends loudly and boldly and not have to constantly keep my voice at practically a whisper in class. To prevent people from hearing what I have to say and judgment.
I can wear whatever I want without having to worry about others looking at me like I'm a pathetic creature.
I can be ME and I desperately want to be ME because ME is always being trapped and caged in by OTHERS.
Well, maybe it's not like that at all. Maybe ME is being trapped and caged by ME.
I just hate always feeling as if people are judging me like crazy (especially dudes because I feel like the opposite of what any guy, other than really creepy dudes, would ever bother getting to know) and I just want to be free from it all.
I should be free from it, but I'm not. I just don't want to leave this earth without being free from the judgement, even if it's not really there.
It's easy to say you're 98% sure no ones judging you but there's always that 2% and that 2% always seems to overshadow the 98% (credit to J.S. Park for bringing that analogy into existence).
I just hate this. I hate it so much and I want to enjoy my highschool years without worrying about this crap.
No comments:
Post a Comment