You have been warned.
Today at school, I've just about had it with people.
A group of "popular" guys in my 6th period decided to make fun of me and about how quiet I was. They were all laughing and said that I don't ever laugh and I'm just serious and silent all the time. It got on my nerves because who are they to say that? They don't know crap about me. I don't laugh at their jokes because they suck and they're not funny.
My "friends" decided to join in and basically go along with what they said.
Everyone thinks I'm so quiet and so darn innocent and stupid. They think that just because I don't talk, I'm basically a mute child occupying a bunch of space.
I don't talk because I have nothing to say nor nothing in common. When I try to join in in the conversation, it's like I'm shot right down.
I don't cuss because I dislike it. I only do it at rare times when I'm really angry, kinda like now. This doesn't make me any less than them.
I'm tired of people walking all over me.
I'm tired of people forcing me to do things for them.
I'm tried of having no backbone.
I'm tired of caring what other people think because if I didn't, I wouldn't be writing this post.
I'm tired of everyone having me "all figured out." I don't even have myself all figured out so how the heck do they know me oh so well.
I'm tired of people and school and I am tired of people judging me based on how much I talk or the fact that I don't curse.
Today during my 5th period, we were assigned a project where we had to make a poster and basically persuade a certain group of people about why they should watch what they eat and eat healthier. The best poster gets a gift card.
I had this REALLLY AMAZZINNG idea and I was so eager to work on this project alone when this girl basically forced me to work with her. I was too scared to say, "No, I'm not working with you." I wish I did because now I'm almost positive I'm going to get a bad grade on the project because I'm the one doing all the work and my ideas are just stupid in other people's eyes.
I'm so sorry for this long, pessimistic post but I really needed to let this out. I am just sick of the way people treat others. I feel like people are forgetting that the souls walking around them are just as human as them and I really wish they cared a bit more about how other people would feel rather than themselves.
Sigh.

Go along with your idea, Maddie! Don't be discouraged! What I would do in your position if I was really bothered with it is give out equal shares of work. She chose to be in a team with you, so she can't argue.
ReplyDeleteIt's really dumb to call you serious for not laughing at their jokes. Not everyone finds humor in the same things.