-->

Friday, August 1, 2014

Why I hate being young


No one takes young people seriously.

People can say I'm an amazing writer but the moment I reveal my age, they'll suddenly find all these things to criticize and all these potholes in my road of words.

I should just quit.

--
Okay maybe I blew this out of proportions but it's still true that young people are looked down on.

"Oh you're not a 90's kid? Screw you haha the younger generation sucks."

"You never owned a Walkman? Dang you're such a BABY."

"Keep it PG guys, a youngling is here" (I a actually learned all the crap they were talking about when I was around third grade lol).

I guess I'm just done with it all.

My goal or dream or whatever you wanna call it was to write a really good story on wattpad. A story as impacting as 5:48. A harshly realistic story that would make people cry and laugh and learn but I'm doubting it's possible now. How could I teach others things if I barely learned anything myself. I'm only a kid, kids don't know much.

A group of people promoted my sort a while ago and it got me a lot more readers and I really grew hopeful. I really believed that the readers would keep piling up and the chapters would actualy impact them in some way but I'm starting to think they won't. I'm starting to believe that my chapters are just dull words on a page that mean little to the readers reading it and if I were to reveal my true age, they'd mean even littler.

I just feel so crushed.

Maybe my dream was unrealistic but I still thought it was possible but now, I don't. I'm not happy with my chapters, with my characters, or with me.

I don't want to go to school and be sat under the teachings of adults who think that the kids in front of them are clueless idiots that smoke weed in their spare time. 

Idk what I'm saying anymore.

I just don't want to do anything anymore.

I don't want to write.
I don't want to draw.
I don't want to talk to my family.
I don't want to go to church (not even my sister's right now and I love that church).
I don't want to go to school.

I just want to run away and forget about everything and everyone.

I want to be someone else living in a different world than I am because i hate the world I'm in right now and I just want to step into someone else's shoes for a while because I'm sick of my own.


Gosh, I hate being me. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Because 16 is totally the new 30. That girl hasn't even lived half her life yet. Love yourself at any age Maddie! Soon enough you'll be 70 or 80 and wishing you WERE 14.

    ReplyDelete