September 2015
Hello wonderful blog reader! It's been a while since I've posted anything. I guess it's because I've been way too lazy to actual pick up my fingers and type.
School finally started after a luxurious two month vacation *__________*, and I have to say, this year has been the hardest yet. I actually cried at school yesterday because I was so frustrated with everything: teachers who just don't seem to understand students, a crazy workload, annoying students, etc... I am considering dropping out of some classes so I won't be so stressed out but at the same time, a part of me wants to continue taking them. My friend told me that during 4th period, there is a college prep class with available spots. My 4th period is Spanish so I've been thinking about how less anxious I would be if I dropped that class. I process things very slowly and I am a visual learner, but my Spanish teacher goes very quickly and is all about auditory learning -- I'm supposed to understand what she says the moment she says it. If someone can't answer her questions on the spot, she disregards them and claims they are slackers. It's so irritating because a student could practice Spanish all night and still not be able to answer her questions and she would *still* regard them as slackers. Teacher logic.
Anyways, as I was saying, I thought maybe I should drop the class but my friend also told me something else. He already took the class I'm taking and he said that at first, he didn't understand Spanish all that well either, but by second quarter, things started getting better and he started understanding more and more until he became very good. He knows a lot of Spanish now and he says that if I just stick with it, I'll learn a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment